Recently, I received a comment from Pen Names and Other Escapes nominating me for the Kreativ Blogger Award. I had no idea what this was about, but I finally took a few minutes to look into it! As I understand it, it’s basically a “pay-it-forward” type deal. Bloggers helping other bloggers– yay!
Rules of acceptance of the award:
1) Thank the blogger who presented you with the award.
2) Post a photo of the award.
3) Share ten things about yourself readers don’t know.
4) Choose six people to present this award to.
5) Let the six bloggers know they have won!
So before I begin, thank you Amy, of Pen Names and Other Escapes, for passing this on =)
Ten random facts about me:
- I tend to have an addictive personality, meaning that when I find something I really like, it can become near obsession. For example, Harry Potter. Or like how I brought a turkey, cheese, and lettuce sandwich with a bit of mayo on wheat bread cut into triangles almost every weekday from July-mid August to camp for lunch last summer.
- There’s this thing about me which most people don’t understand: I basically hate TV. It’s something to do with commercials, and a 20 minute episode isn’t long enough to have me fully captured into the characters’ stories like a movie, book, or play does.
- Recently, I began liking tomatoes. Boom, just like that one day it happened.
- My socks rarely match. (Uncle Donal in England despised this fact when he met me!)
- I have a huge fear of sounding arrogant/over-nonchalant when answering questions about my study/travel abroad experience in Ireland/Europe last semester.
- Speaking of that, not being able to travel every weekend this semester is killing me.
- When I have an issue in my life, I immerse myself into schoolwork, reading, writing, or a new creative project.
- I pull near all-nighters fairly often.
- It may be cliché, but I don’t tell my awesome family how much they mean to me nearly as often as I should.
- When I started this blog, it was just to keep in touch with people from school and home while I was abroad. And then, I got addicted.
Six blogs I choose to nominate:
- Outside Air, for the lovely and relatable post, “What Blogging Has Taught Me”!
- the home tome for allowing me to reflect on my own Ireland experience through the post “what I learned in Ireland”
- From Wench It Came, especially for the Peace Corps post, “It’s Not Always Easy”!
- Views from the Couch, especially because of the awesome post “You Didn’t Thank Me For Punching You in the Face”!
- Reasonably Ludicrous in reference to the post “Oops, I Got an English Degree!”
I highly urge you all checking out these posts and blogs =)